1. Display large number cards that have the number word on each. These were a free set from 1-30 I found on teacherspayteachers.com, they are perfect for my jungle theme. (8.5x11)
2. Use cards with the number word only and flash them as you count. Practice this every morning during your number word recognition unit.
3. Create or find a center that practices matching the number to its word. Here is the one i am using right now and the children just love it! They are having so much success using this unit and being able to check their answers against the large number cards i have hanging on the wall. You can find this center in my Insect Invasion Unit. Click this link to view: Bugs-Math-and-Literacy
4. Use a cut and paste activity to match the word to its number. My class worked for 20 minutes silently on this, the cutting and pasting was fun for them and they had to concentrate on placing the correct number owrd right next to the number. I was so proud of them! This is available in my Frog Fun Unit on TpT: Click this link to view: Frog-Fun-Math-Centers
5. Use a read the room activity to write the number words next to the correct number. Instruct the children to count the objects on the cards, then write the word on the recording sheet. My class especially enjoys read the room this year, I am using it in many different ways, this particular set of cards from 1-50 is available in my Frog Fun unit onTpT, click this link to view: Frog-Fun-Math-Centers
I hope these tips and resources are helpful to your instruction.
Till next time,