Welcome!

Welcome to The Crazy Pre-K Classroom! Please enjoy your stay, explore my posts and join for more to come! Blessings, Christine

Find my products on TpT

About Me

My photo
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I am a wife, a mother to 2 boys, and a Christian Kindergarten Teacher. Besides spending time with my family, I enjoy sewing, scrapbooking, quilting and creating innovative, hands on lessons for my students.

Followers

Teach Wise

Follow by Email

Google+ Followers

Why teach Pre-K?

Because, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Because, I love it and am called to it!

For my children and my husband!

Because I am me!

Labels

Academic based programs (2) Academics (5) activities (25) addition (9) adhd (1) All Star Spelling (3) animals (4) art (5) assessment (6) behavior (7) boards ideas (4) bugs (5) building (2) calendar (4) center ideas (29) centers (29) choosing a school for your child (3) Christian Schools (4) christmas (4) classroom ideas (26) classroom managment (18) counting (14) crafts (8) decoding (10) dental health month (2) dentist (1) differentiated instruction (42) discovery learning (16) free (30) free printables (27) freebies (35) frog activities (6) fruit (1) get to know your students (2) gingerbreadman (1) giveaway (26) I have/who has (4) insects (3) jungle (3) learning games (7) legos (2) letters (11) literacy (55) literacy centers (65) literacy units (42) math (54) math centers (61) monster theme (1) mutiplication (1) non-standard measurement (4) numbers (18) organization (13) our bodies (2) Parent Tips from the teacher (12) parenting (8) pattern (1) patterns (2) phonics (12) pond activities (5) popcorn unit (2) popcorn word work (1) pre-k (15) predictable readers (4) prekindergarten (11) printable books (4) private school (1) procedures (3) quiet centers (2) quiet toys (1) rainy day activities (2) rainy day ideas (3) read the room (9) reading (26) reading groups (17) Round Rock Christian Academy (2) Round Rock Christian Schools (2) RRCA (2) safety (1) scavenger hunt (1) seat work (3) sensory learning (10) sentences (3) sight words (9) skip counting (3) small group instruction (3) spelling (7) sports (1) spring (3) St. Patricks Day (1) stations (1) storage ideas (4) subtraction (4) tallying (1) teacher to teacher (4) teachers pay teachers (9) telling time (1) thanksgiving (3) time fillers (2) TpT unit extension ideas (5) TpT Units (9) transitions (1) Valentines Day (4) Valentines ideas (2) vocabulary (7) watercolors (1) winter (9) winter woodland (3) word work (13) worksheets (7) writing (5)

Blog Archive

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Popcorn Letters, Sight words and such! Differentiated instruction

This week I added a new game to my centers. I created this unit becasue I couldn't find exactly what I needed to reach all of my students in the same game. I don't want my younger students to feel as if they are missing out because they are not on the same reading level. So, my unit includes popcorn with letters, vowels, CVC/CCVC/CVCC words and the dolche pre-primer, primer and first grade lists. That is approximatly 350 popcorn pieces that can reach everyone of your students.

 

Letter Popcorn

Initial and Final Blend Popcorn

Short Vowel Word and Sight Word Popcorn


Letter to parents explaining unit.


Word Work Sheet, there is also a similar page for reading the room.


Cut and Glue the correct sight word into the sentence. 


Cut and paste the words in the correct order and find the correct punctuation.


This unit has everything I needed to meet all of my students needs.  My class ranges from just 4 to 5 1/2 years old. There are huge developmental differences among them. I need letters for some and challenging sentences for others. I hope you can use this in your classroom as well to meet all of your students where they are.

Till next time,
Christine

find this unit on teacherspayteachers.com

3 comments:

  1. Great article. I spent my spare time reading some blogs. And I found yours a great and knowledgeable content. Keep it up.

    Zean
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting. Visit my site too.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Ideas are always welcome, I am always looking for new units to create for TpT!