This week my class is talking all about winter, here are some ideas you could use in your classroom:
1. Winter Garb Day: Have the children come in with all of their winter dressings, make a graph with a picture of each on the bottom. Fill in a square or have the children write their name on the graph. Count how many of each item you have, which do you have the most, least etc.?
2. Discuss the concept of pairs with mittens and gloves, things that go together, bring in some summer items and see if the children can distinguish between which belongs and which doesn't.
3. Hide small plastic winter animals in a large mitten, have the children feel and guess then pull the animal out anf tell you the name, discuss beginnig and ending sounds, whatever literacy concept your class is working on.
4. Hang signs around the room with a designated amount of each item on them, have the children read the room, counting and writing the number of each item they saw.
5. Make vocabulary cards with winter clothing or winter animals and cut the word away from the picture, play a matching game or memory.
6. Print out the free printable on this sight of the polar bear and decorate with white paint mixed with silver glitter, you can also stamp this printable with letters or numbers and play bingo where you call out the one you want them to find and they mark it with bingo daubers or color.
7. Work on the colors of the season: white, gray, black- place these words around the room with pictures of common winter items that are this color, have the children tell you the words several times a day for the week.
8. Spray the table with shaving cream(snow) and have the children draw you letters and numbers with their fingers, then allow them some time to play.
9. Fold four sheets of white paper together and staple at the fold making a book. On each page write a different winter item, have the children draw that item and trace your word. They can decorate the front cover with fingerprint cardinals and fingerpring snowman.
10. Draw letters and numbers, whatever you wish on black paper with white chalk. You could make a book with black paper just the same as number 9 and use white chalk to draw snow.
Enjoy your winter activities with oyur pre-kers!
Till next time,
P.S. Find more winter ideas in my TpT Store, click the link below to visit!
My TpT Store