Welcome!

Welcome to The Crazy Pre-K Classroom! Please enjoy your stay, explore my posts and join for more to come! Blessings, Christine

Find my products on TpT

About Me

My photo
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I am a wife, a mother to 2 boys, and a Christian Kindergarten Teacher. Besides spending time with my family, I enjoy sewing, scrapbooking, quilting and creating innovative, hands on lessons for my students.

Followers

Teach Wise

Follow by Email

Google+ Followers

Why teach Pre-K?

Because, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Because, I love it and am called to it!

For my children and my husband!

Because I am me!

Labels

Academic based programs (2) Academics (5) activities (25) addition (9) adhd (1) All Star Spelling (3) animals (4) art (5) assessment (6) behavior (7) boards ideas (4) bugs (5) building (2) calendar (4) center ideas (29) centers (28) choosing a school for your child (3) Christian Schools (4) christmas (4) classroom ideas (25) classroom managment (16) counting (13) crafts (8) decoding (10) dental health month (2) dentist (1) differentiated instruction (41) discovery learning (16) free (30) free printables (27) freebies (35) frog activities (6) fruit (1) get to know your students (2) gingerbreadman (1) giveaway (26) I have/who has (4) insects (3) jungle (3) learning games (7) legos (2) letters (11) literacy (55) literacy centers (64) literacy units (42) math (54) math centers (61) monster theme (1) mutiplication (1) non-standard measurement (4) numbers (18) organization (13) our bodies (2) Parent Tips from the teacher (12) parenting (8) pattern (1) patterns (2) phonics (11) pond activities (5) popcorn unit (2) popcorn word work (1) pre-k (14) predictable readers (4) prekindergarten (10) printable books (4) private school (1) procedures (3) quiet centers (2) quiet toys (1) rainy day activities (2) rainy day ideas (3) read the room (9) reading (25) reading groups (17) Round Rock Christian Academy (2) Round Rock Christian Schools (2) RRCA (2) safety (1) scavenger hunt (1) seat work (3) sensory learning (9) sentences (3) sight words (9) skip counting (3) small group instruction (3) spelling (7) sports (1) spring (3) St. Patricks Day (1) stations (1) storage ideas (4) subtraction (4) tallying (1) teacher to teacher (2) teachers pay teachers (8) telling time (1) thanksgiving (3) time fillers (2) TpT unit extension ideas (5) TpT Units (9) transitions (1) Valentines Day (4) Valentines ideas (2) vocabulary (7) watercolors (1) winter (9) winter woodland (3) word work (13) worksheets (7) writing (5)

Monday, January 9, 2012

Arctic Freeze: Literacy, Number Words, Sight Words and Vocabulary Unit

Last night I posted what I think is my best unit yet for TpT! Scrappindoodles.com had the cutest Arctic Animal graphics and I just couldn't resist buying them to make this unit. I just love creating worksheets and readers with their graphics. Check out some of what is included in this Winter themed Unit focusing on Arctic Animals, there are 95 pages of fun!


Vocabulary cards for flash cards, read the room and literacy centers.

Shared full page size reader with easy to understand sentences about the animals of the Arctic and Eskimos.

Rhyming practice sheets for critical thinking and rhyming ability assessment.

ABC and 1-30 ice for number/letter practice, word work and matching numbers to their words.

Number word igloos 1-30 for a combined literacy and math center and group instruction.

I have /Who has ice for ABC's, 1-20 and sight words.

Book to be printed for each child and colored, words are provided on a seperate sheet for them to cut and paste into the book following the given sentence. As shown in the next picture.

Coloring/Sentence Building example sheet.

Compare and Contrast page between the Arctic and our environment.

To see everything else that is included in this unit please see the full description and preview file on Teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Cropingchristine

3 comments:

  1. Love this but a note. The inuit of Canada find the term "eskimo" offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to this site. How do you purchase/download this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, but penguins don't live in the Arctic. They only live South of the Equator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Ideas are always welcome, I am always looking for new units to create for TpT!