As teachers we all have days when things don't go quite as planned, lessons don't get finished and we go home weary and exausted. Here are some ideas for refilling your cup and enjoying the blessing of children in your life!
1. Remember why you teach: Write down what you love about teaching, make a poster with a few of your loves. Hang where you can see it every morning and evening.
2. Think back to the first time you saw a child have a "lightbulb moment" Where you knew everything you have been working so hard on has finally clicked and this child you have been so worried about is going to be o.k.
3. Plan something fun for the end of the year to keep you motivated, this can be something your class can be working on or just something personal for you. This year mine is a long drive from Texas to New Jersey to spend some much needed vacation time on the beach with my 2 boys.
4. Change up your schedule a little, get out of the same old thing and mix up the activities you plan for your kiddos. Make a project, be silly, sing a song or two.
5. Most of all trust yourself. Wake up to each new day knowing you are making a difference in a child's life no matter how hard it gets.
Even though teaching has it's days where your energy is all gone and you don't think you can go on. Remember you make a difference everytime you step into a classroom. Give thanks for the children in your life, pray for them and their families, show love, grace and kindness, this too shall pass!
I would love to know what you do to refresh and fill your cup each day, please join my blog and post a comment. I will compile a list here on my blog for teachers to visit when they feel their cup is empty, when in reality it is truly overflowing with love from children and families!