Skip to main content

Kindergarten Memory Book

 

The end of the school year is a very special time in Kindergarten. We celebrate growing up from dependency to independence. We have worked so hard to learn all there is to know about our ABC’s and 123’s. We’ve made friends, followed directions, played and become independent learners. Our lives have changed for the better and we want to document it!

One of my favorite end of year activities is our kindergarten memory book! I missed doing this with my kiddos last year and it was really difficult not to have all of their memories in one place for parents to treasure. Here we get to showcase all of what makes kindergarten special. From drawing, writing, pictures, artwork and academics we can share it all in just one book!

I have put together a memory book file that is sure to help you create a keepsake for both parents and kiddos. Do as many or as few pages as you wish depending on your class and available time. Add photos, artwork, writing samples, really anything you think will make the book special from your class. Here is how I use this Memory Book file work for my class:

Print desired cover: I like to do this on cardstock then color, watercolor or add photo and laminate.


Print inner pages: I like to put the self-portrait page first followed by My Family, My School, My Teacher etc. then I add my friends pages and academic pages.



Print handprint page: I like to paint the handprint but you could also trace and decorate the handprint instead.


Additions: Choose special papers from throughout the year to include in the book. This year we did a directed drawing of a graduate to include in our book, they turned out awesome!

Personal Note: Write a special note to each student including heartfelt sentiments, special memories and funny moments.


Back Cover: I like to back my memory books with a piece of cardstock and use the inside like a scrapbook page. I use their cubby label as the center decoration and fill in the rest of the page with pictures of the child, then I laminate it.


Bind: I put my pages in order and bind, this year I used a 3 hole punch and binder rings but I have also used a binding machine in the past that has worked out well.

Wrap: I like to have my kiddos wrap their book to give to their parents on the last day of school.

It is always so amazing to see the kiddos look through their books, sign autographs and share with their parents. There are quite a few tears shed from the Mom’s each year and I know all of the hard work that went into these books is well worth it! These kindergarten keepsake books will be cherished forever!

Included in the file are all the pages you see here and plenty more! There are pages and covers specifically for kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sight word freebie, ideas and more Dyslexia Worksheets!

Hello All, Today we had so much fun with our sight word from my freebie Snowflake Slap . First I laid out all of the snowflakes on the carpet. If the child could read me the word they could keep the card and crumple it into a snowball. Once all of the words were read and squished I told the class we could have a snowball fight! It was such great fun that we took our "snowballs" into another kinder classroom and attacked them. As the kids threw the sight word snowballs we made more snowballs and threw them into the crowd from leftover paper. It was great fun! Once we settled back into our classroom we placed all of the snowballs into a bucket and each child pulled a word. If they could read it they recorded it on the left side of the worksheet below, if they couldn't read the word they recorded it on the right. The ones most did not know were pretty consistent so I know which ones we need the most work on. So hop on over the TpT to grab your free copy of Snowflake Slap an

The Story of Creation Flip Book Freebie!

As many of you already know I am a Christian school teacher in a small private school. I have decided to start making my Bible craftivities into files for others to access for their own Christian classrooms or homeschools. I have just finished putting together my first file for a Creation Flip Book and it is listed for free on TpT. The file includes full picture instructions as well as an option for color or black and white. Throughout this year I plan to list each Bible story craftrivity I do in my classroom and then bundle them at the end of the year. I am also working on a God's Journal, similar to the poetry and math journals you see so often in classrooms theses days but this one will celebrate our faith. I would appreciate your feedback after downloading the file and sharing this with other believers. Please take a minute to follow me here on my blog and hop on over to TpT to get your free flip book file. While you are there please check out my other items and follow my store

Animal and habitat teaching ideas for pre-k and a freebie!

O.K. so we all remember those famous dioramas that we made in elementary school were meant to teach us about animals and where they live. While these are cute projects with a purpose they are best suited for elementary students not pre-k. But with curious minds and a natural love for animals it only makes sense to introduce our kiddos to facts about animals and where they live around the world. For pre-k there are so many great easy ways to incorporate animals into our classrooms. I like to make animal masks for each habitat we are working on as well as read the room cards and recording sheets. The kiddos can record the name of the animal by reading it on the other childs mask. My class also enjoys making animals out of construction paper and gluing some facts that I have typed and printed about the animals. I like to try to decorate my room to mimic the habitat we are working on, I have to say I am a huge stuffed animal collector so I have many of the animals needed in beany baby size